In 1981 the Montreal Regional Science Fair was created to regroup the best projects presented by young Anglophones from the Montreal metropolitan area.
In 2001 the regional fair became known as the Montreal Regional Science & Technology Fair. We represent the English-speaking community in the Greater Montréal, including the Lanaudière, Laurentides, Laval, Montérégie and Montreal regions.
For 2021, the Hydro-Québec Montreal Regional Science & Technology Fair will be done virtually.
Students & Teachers
- Official Rules for the 2021 Science Fair Click here.
- SGI Participant registration Click here. Please remember to select Montreal Regional Science & Technology Fair — English)
- Projects done in 2020 are eligible at the 2021 Science Fair
- 2021 MRSTF Announcement (download word doc)
- 2021 MRSTF Important Information (download word doc)
- 2021 MRSTF Registration (download word doc)
For projects considered for Regeron ISEF, please refer to the 2021- Regeneron ISEF (download PPT).
All levels of science and technology fairs will be virtual this year – from the Montreal Regionals to Provincials, Canada-Wide and ISEF (International Fair). In addition, to help ease the burden, we are reducing the costs of registration from 90$ to 40$ for individual projects, and from 100$ to 50$ for duos.
We are currently working with the provincial fair organizers to finalize the platform which we will be using. Once we have that confirmed, we will host an on-line meeting to explain how projects will be uploaded.
Some modifications you can anticipate: No project board, but a project site (inclusive of videos and text) and Judging of projects will be done virtually using a platform such as Zoom. The oral presentation and written report will still be required.